Summary: Block education officer S L Bhajantri said an inquiry revealed that the mid-day meal was prepared a day before. “Services of the mid-day meal staff will be terminated,” the official said. There were two paramedics and a few beds for over 100 ailing students. Dr Kavitha arranged temporary beddings on the floor to treat those who did not get beds.One student said she had seen a worm in the midday meal. BELAGAVI: The only doctor who was on duty at the government primary health centre (PHC) in Hulikatti battled for six hours on Friday to save over 100 students suffering from food poisoning Police said 130 students of the Government Primary School in Hulikatti complained of abdominal pain and started vomiting after they ate the midday meal provided in the school.The PHC could accommodate only 20 patients at a time.