India – Nine people die, 200 get food poisoning at after-church feast in India

News Az

At least nine people died after eating rice and pork at an after-church holiday in the Indian state of Meghalaya.

At least nine people died and over 200 got food poisoning after eating rice and pork at an after-church holiday in the Indian state of Meghalaya, local media reported Wednesday.

“Eight persons, including seven minors, died Tuesday due to food poisoning at Nongkya village,” a district deputy commissioner said as quoted by The Indian Express newspaper.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s