More than 50 people, including four children, have been affected by a salmonella outbreak after eating food prepared in a pub in Portmarnock in north Dublin earlier this month. The Health Service Executive confirmed it was investigating the food poisoning, which had affected separate family parties who ate food prepared in the premises that was then delivered to their homes.
Sixteen people have been confirmed as having contracted salmonella and five people were hospitalised. An outbreak control team had been formed and an investigation was on-going. The FSAI confirmed last week that a closure order had been issued on Flanreil Food Services Ltd on May 19th in relation to the kitchens of O’Dwyer’s Bar & Grill in Portmarnock, Co Dublin, as part of an investigation into a salmonella outbreak.
Sandra Murphy O’Brien, mid-50s, have died from food poisoning linked to the outbreak.
Poultry is suspected as the source of contamination.