Eighteen people had to be hospitalized on Sunday morning after falling ill with severe cases of food poisoning, The Voice reports.
The victims ranged in age from 3 to 68 years old.
The incident took place in a village located in Chin State’s Tedim Township. According to victim testimonies, they believe that an ingredient had been misused in the food at a religious ceremony that they all attended earlier that day. That evening, all 18 people were taken to a hospital. Thankfully, their condition had improved by yesterday morning, although doctors are still keeping them for monitoring.
It’s unclear what specifically caused the food poisoning, although all the victims had consumed tea and dishes made from glutinous rice that were served at the ceremony.