UK -Shoppers told to wash their hands after visiting the supermarket to avoid bacteria on chicken wrapping that causes food poisoning

Daily Mail Online

campy2

Enter a caption

  • Plastic wrapping in one in every 100 raw chickens contains campylobacter 
  • 485,000 cases of food poisoning last year was due to the bacteria 
  •  Roughly nine million chickens sold in UK supermarkets could be affected

Shoppers should wash their hands after leaving the supermarket thanks to dangerous bacteria lurking on millions of packs of chicken, experts say.

The plastic wrapping around one in every 100 raw chickens sold in British supermarkets are harbouring the bacteria campylobacter.

The bug is the country’s leading cause of food poisoning, and causes 100 deaths a year.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s