India -150 ill after consuming sweets at a religious fair in Pune

The New Indian Express

PUNE: Nearly 150 people, including children were admitted to various hospitals in Maval tehsil of Pune district on Friday night after they complained of vomitting, loose motion and other suspected food poisoning symptoms.

District health department said people fell ill after consuming sweets, distributed as ‘prasad’ during a religious function in Pachane village in the tehsil.

“There was an ‘Urus’ (a religious fair) in Pachane village in Maval and after the rituals, pedha (sweets) were distributed among the villagers.

“After consuming the sweets, people complained of vomitting, loose motions and nausea. They rushed to nearby hospitals,” said Dr Chandrakant Lohare, health officer, Maval tehsil.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s