A botulism outbreak that has struck two villages in Armenia has sickened two people, according to Armenian press. The source of the infections has been linked to homemade canned marinade.
Less than a day after consuming the marinade, the victims presented with symptoms of botulism. They were taken to the hospital where they are being treated. One is in serious condition, according to the report.
Food borne botulism is a severe intoxication caused by eating the preformed toxin present in contaminated food.