News and Star
More cases of food poisoning have been confirmed after a Cumbrian farm was banned from selling contaminated milk.
In December, Low Sizergh Barn Farm, near Kendal, was banned from selling raw milk from a vending machine after it was found to contain traces of campylobacter bacteria.
A South Lakeland District Council spokesman said: “The number of cases at the moment is 12 confirmed and 53 probables.”
A Food Standards Agency spokesman said: “Low Sizergh Barn Farm in Kendal voluntarily stopped sales of raw cow’s drinking milk and displayed a product recall notice at the point of sale.
Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:
You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Twitter account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Facebook account. ( Log Out / Change )
You are commenting using your Google+ account. ( Log Out / Change )
Connecting to %s
Notify me of new comments via email.
Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
Join 190 other followers
RSS - Posts