MALACCA: Contaminated fried rice served at a school canteen here allegedly led to 17 students and a teacher being rushed to the Malacca Hospital for food poisoning this afternoon.
Ayer Keroh Fire and Rescue Department operations director Alip Dollah said three of his personnel and a medical assistant rushed to the school after receiving the report at 1.30pm. Three ambulances were dispatched to the scene to ferry victims to hospital.
When the New Straits Times arrived at the hospital, there was a blanket gag order in place. The students appeared visibly weakened by illness and had to be shuttled between the decontamination ward and the emergency ward on wheelchairs for treatment.