USA -Rare bacterial infection linked to fish from Asian Food Center – Vibrio vulnificans

Food Safety News

State and federal officials are investigating the Asian Food Center in Bellevue, WA, after a woman was diagnosed with a rare and sometimes fatal bacterial infection after handling raw fish from the grocery store.

The woman was diagnosed Nov. 10 with Vibrio vulnificus and required hospitalization, but has since returned to her home where her recovery continues, according to a news release from Public Health – Seattle & King County. The “likely source of infection was tilapia fish purchased from the Asian Food Center,” officials reported.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s